Palm Harbor Homes are considered the “high end” homes among manufactured houses. Like Clayton Homes, they offer the same all-in-one manufacturing, financing, and insurance, but, unlike them, the initial investment is greater. Palm Harbor homes, however, delivers a great deal of quality and attention to their houses and to their customers.
Types of Homes
Over 500 floor plans are available to choose from with Palm Harbor, and they offer a certain degree of customizable options – such as gourmet kitchens, DuraBuilt cabinets, hand-laid ceramic tiling, and spa bathrooms – just to name a few.
Palm Harbor manufactured homes are available in 20 states throughout the US, and British Columbia in Canada. Each available floor plan is built to the Federal HUD code requirements, and designed to withstand the particular weather conditions unique to each area. They have a large selection of homes that, naturally, vary from area to area, but the choices within each area are just as diverse as the next.
The choices you have with Palm Harbor are to purchase a manufactured home that can be built to your specifications (a base model with your preferences), or, you may also select from a variety of “move-in ready” homes – manufactured homes that are ready for immediate residence with short building times to no building times.
Palm Harbor has a commitment to making every manufactured home of theirs green and energy efficient. This, of course, will save you and your household money in the long run – a return on your investment, in other words. The features of Palm Harbor Homes that make them green are as follows:
• SmartPlus Construction: This is Palm Harbor’s name for their building system. They have a standardized practice to reduce waste, use everything they purchase from their suppliers, and quality control measures that mean, in the end, you will save money through purchasing a Palm Harbor house.
• Low and No Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Paints and Adhesives: VOCs give off toxic emissions that can make your household sick with respiratory problems. Low and no VOC paints and adhesives will improve indoor air quality, making it easier to breathe for your whole family.
• Blower Testing: This is a quality control measure to ensure that air flow is efficient throughout the manufactured home, and that all seals are properly tight. This will help reduce or eliminate drafts, pollen, dust, and pests.
• Commitment to Recycling: Due to the SmartPlus construction system, included is a standard of recycling and reusing materials. This helps keep costs down so that your investment is not exorbitant.
• Factory, Indoor Construction and Storage: Factory building, like the other manufacturers, keeps everything indoors in a controlled, secure environment. Materials are also stored indoors, meaning reduced risk of theft loss or environmental damage.
• Energy Star Homes and LEED Certified Suppliers: Palm Harbor uses LEED Certified suppliers, and makes Energy Star rated homes, saving you money in utility bills.
• Tight Construction of Ducts and Ventilation: In addition to blower testing, the construction of the homes is tight, meaning that drafts are eliminated, and reduction of pests, pollen, and dust are seen.
Palm Harbor homes have built houses for the show “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,” chosen for their quality and efficiency. They also come with a five-year exclusive warranty, which no other company has offered. If you have a large family, particular tastes and requirements, and would like all-in-one manufacturing, financing, and insurance for your manufactured (mobile) home, you may find exactly what you need with Palm Harbor Homes.